Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bookmarking Demon - Do You Need It?













Bookmarking for Beginners

First of all, I recently started working for a new company as a home typist.  The training assignment required typing an article and submitting it to ten bookmarking sites.  Well, I am very new at this bookmarking thing, didn’t even have a clue.  To me bookmarking was clicking on the star at the top of my computer screen and saving the web page I’m looking at as a “favorite”.  I wasn’t even sure why it was called a bookmark! 

Back to my training assignment….typing the article was no problem, as a matter of fact, it was a breeze. Now to the bookmarking.  I am a very inquisitive person and don’t like to attempt things I know nothing about.  I was given a list of bookmarking sites and had watched a video regarding how to submit a link, it sounded easy enough.  I would visit each site to try to determine exactly what was going on, then if I felt it appropriate for the article I had written I would create a log-in and password.  At most sites, you have to wait for an email confirming your membership so I would wait for the confirmation, log back into the site and begin the process of submitting the URL.  In some cases (a few cases) everything went well and my article appeared. In most cases either the article didn’t show up or it had to go through a moderation process to be approved.  Finally, after hours and hours of work, I had my ten bookmarks and I submitted my training assignment for approval.  Three of my links didn’t work and had to be corrected, then one of those links didn’t work, so I had to find another bookmarking site, join, and submit, then submit corrected work to my company. Yes! Everything was approved and I was ready to actually start work on my first assignment.

I was so excited to open up my first assignment.  I opened the assignment with enthusiasm and then I saw it….my assignment was requesting an article with over 100 bookmarks.  I cannot tell you my reaction, I was crushed, it would take me weeks to set up 100 plus bookmarks, maybe months!!!  I almost stopped right there, but decided to give the assignment a little more attention rather than giving up before I even got started, I’m not a quitter.

Believe it or not, my assignment was to review Bookmarking Demon, and I didn’t even have a clue what it was.  Before I even get into reviewing the product, I can tell you what it was.  It was my answer to the bookmarking issue I needed to overcome in order to be successful. I will be purchasing Bookmarking Demon today.

In order to review this product properly, I researched it and compared it to other bookmarking programs, after all, I am new at this and knew nothing.

The first thing I would like to elaborate on is:

BENEFITS OF SOCIAL BOOKMARKING

Targeted traffic – bookmarks are categorized by tags (keywords) users searching for a particular keyword will be directed toward your link if keywords match.
Search engine ranking – having more links to your site is one of the best ways to increase your search engine ranking and as you increase your search engine ranking, you get more visits because your site comes up quicker as users search.
Page ranking – bookmarking sites that have higher page ranks will improve the page rank of your site. The higher your page rank, the more it will be seen.

These are just a few of the benefits of social bookmarking.  It is beneficial to people with a website that sells a product, a blogger that wants to be heard, an affiliate marketer that wants to make money, any activity that you do online to make money can benefit from social bookmarking.  It is something that needs to be done but as mentioned before, it is very, very time consuming, aggravating, and stressful.

If you are trying to be successful in the internet world you probably know by now that you need a website and traffic.  Without traffic to your website, you having nothing.  Purchasing traffic can be very expensive and you never know if it is quality traffic.  This is another reason social bookmarking is so important.  It is a way to create traffic….FREE!  It takes a lot of time to get your social bookmarking set up and again that is where Bookmarking Demon comes to the rescue.

PROBLEMS WITH SOCIAL BOOKMARKING

Creating the accounts – as I mentioned at the beginning of this article, it took me hours and hours to create ten bookmarks.  You have to register, wait for confirmation, then start the submission progress. You can spend most of your day just trying to set up bookmarks.  Bookmarking Demon automatically registers you with the sites, it creates your account and password, then answers the confirmation email to establish the account; it then submits your content and checks the link to make sure it is working. Bookmarking Demon completes this process at a speed that mimics human submission.  If information is submitted too rapidly, the bookmarking site will recognize it as spam and you may get banned from the site.   When researching I didn’t really see any other software that performs this function.  Some of the products will only work with certain bookmarking sites, Bookmarking Demon comes with sites installed and you can add more.

Script – different social bookmarking sites use different script (Scuttle, Pligg,).  Most bookmarking software supports only one kind of script, if you want to bookmark other sites, you will need to purchase more software.  Bookmarking Demon supports all scripts.

Spamming – if a user submits the same URL from the same IP address hundreds of times, they will most likely be flagged as spam and can get banned from the bookmarking sites.  If bookmarking is your method of income, you certainly don’t want this to happen.  Bookmarking Demon has the solution for this problem too.  The program has the ability to randomize your account information, it begins by randomizing your information as it signs you up for membership at the different bookmarking sites, if the same name, same URL, same info keeps showing up on the internet over and over, it could get a user marked as a spammer.  The program also has the ability to randomize article titles, descriptions and tags, it is called spinning.  During the spinning process, Bookmarking Demon gives you synonyms that you can use to replace words in your article, meaning your content looks different and you won’t get flagged for duplicate content. The really awesome thing about this spinning process is, when finished it gives you the opportunity to review all of the work to assure it is all understandable and readable. The last thing you want to do is send out links that connect back to articles that don’t make sense.

 Bookmarking Demon also had a scheduling feature, you can schedule when you want your bookmarks sent, therefore you are not submitting hundreds at the same time….another spamming flag. You can schedule your bookmarks to go out in blocks at different intervals during the day, or you can schedule over several days. 

When I was desperately trying to create ten bookmarks, I found that it was very hard to choose a category and you must choose a category, if you don’t your link will not get submitted.  A lot of the sites I visited didn’t seem to correlate to my article, so I was clueless to the category I needed.  Some of the sites even had sub-categories that you had to be invited to, or you could request to join.  This is another reason it took me so long to create ten bookmarks.  I would end up just logging out (after spending too much time) and start all over with another site.  Bookmarking Demon chooses a category for you.  You enter multiple keywords for your article and Bookmarking Demon will automatically send it to sites that have categories that match your keywords, no more wasting time with that. 

SEO and page ranking is another subject I didn’t know very much about.  I do know that it is important to have a high rank, but I didn’t have any idea as to how you or a company achieved a high rank.  Some bookmarking sites have a much higher page ranking,  and those are the ones you want to use the most. The higher page ranking creates more traffic for the bookmarking site, therefore creating more traffic for you.  Bookmarking Demon has the ability to scan the bookmarking site and get the page ranking.  You don’t need to research the bookmarking sites and page rankings.
Bookmarking Demon is priced at $147 and the price includes all updates.  Most other bookmarking software cost more and/or it comes with a monthly fee for updates. 




 With Bookmarking Demon you have a one-time investment and it is over, updates are free.  Several people commented they had been using it for years and the update feature was the best part.  Rules change every day on submissions but Bookmarking Demon will take care of that problem and you will never worry about it becoming outdated.   It also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, what have you got to lose?

Some of the other features and things I forgot to mention earlier are:

Bookmarking Demon comes with over 100 bookmarking sites and you can add more.  It includes the main bookmarking sites such as Delicious, Digg, and Mixx.

Bookmarking Demon includes Scuttle, Scuttle Plus, and Pligg sites. Finding sites that use Scuttle, Scuttle Plus, PHPDug, and Pligg can consume a lot of time that could be used for other things.  Bookmarking Demon has a “scraper” that searches for the sites, detects the script used and discards any sites that are not supported.

Captcha is a little aggravating to everyone, just one more step to get where you are trying to go. With Bookmarking Demon you have the option of entering the captcha information yourself – which is free- or you can take advantage of one of the captcha services that handle that for you.  The cost is small, usually about $2 per thousand.  I did see one service that was $7 per thousand, I don’t think I would want to use that one.  If you want to take advantage of the service you can set it up so that if one service doesn’t complete the captcha information, it defaults to the next one. I believe there were four services available.

If you have been naughty and are banned from your bookmarking sites, Bookmarking Demon has proxy servers that can be utilized to hide your IP address.

Bookmarking Demon also has a camouflaging feature.  Many times if you submit multiple bookmarks from the same website it is considered “self-promoting” and will most likely result in getting banned or none of your articles posting.  You can set up Bookmarking Demon to pull from an RSS feed and randomly insert links so it doesn’t look like everything is coming from the same place.
There are still features available that I haven’t mentioned, some are a little over my head at the moment.

Web crawling – if you enter your URLs the program will check all of your links to determine if they are healthy.

Pingg- Bookmarking Demon can be set to pingg your links.  I am still trying to figure out exactly what pinging is but it seems that Bookmarking Demon sends a signal to your link and it is like a wake-up call to the search engines that changes have been made on your website and it makes your link recognizable again.

That about sums up my summary of Bookmarking Demon.  I hope the information in this article helps you, it is written from a beginner's view and hopefully understandable for other beginners. As I mentioned earlier I will be purchasing the product today, it will make my life so much easier.  I plan to get more involved in affiliate marketing and this seems to be the perfect tool.

If you are interested in working at home and learning how to review products online, please be sure to visit typeathome.com.  It is a good way to supplement your income, part-time and full-time work is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment